Monday, June 11, 2007

Thing 8 RSS Feeds

Wow, this is great. I don't know why I hadn't heard of these before. I know, I was too busy going to many, many websites to learn about RSS. Now I should have lots of time and still keep up my favorite news sources. Bloglines was very easy to set up. They asked for interests and subscribed you to several sources. It's easy to delete the sources you're not interested in and easy to add feeds from sources you want. I, of course, added my all time favorite CNN's US news. I also added several news sources from places I used to live. The blog update feeds were also easy to add. The thing I had the most trouble was trying to figure out how to share my blogline list. You have to sign up for their blog, then you have to mark that as public. My site is at http://www.bloglines.com/public/librarywork-abn . I'm looking forward to figuring out how much time this saves me and if I still feel as well informed as I do now.

No comments: