Saturday, June 9, 2007

Flickr





Flickr is a photosharing web site with more pictures than you would ever know what to do with! You can find pictures by using tags - words that apply to pictures you're looking for. Tags can be general, for instance I searched for Golden Retrievers and got 39,165 photos for that tag. Tags can also be used to narrow a search. I added "funny" to my Golden Retriever search and it cut the number of photos down to 369.
Groups are formed around a subject. I'm not a member of Flickr, so I couldn't peruse the groups. I did notice you can be a member of many groups but can only (as a free member) upload a picture to 10 groups.
My favorite use of Flickr would be to look at photos of friends and family and maybe places I want to travel to without having to down load the pictures from email.

I haven't opened a Flickr account so I'm going with option a.
I chose an image of two golden retrievers, one laying on the other's head because it reminded me of the way my goldens play. I tried to load it several times but it wouldn't. I found another I liked and had no trouble uploading it.

No comments: