Saturday, June 23, 2007

Thing 12 Rollyo

This was interesting. It won't replace Google, but I can see it's use in reducing the number of hits you have to go through to get your information. You can also limit who you get information from. I created two searches. One, being the book lover I am, was for Reader's Advisory. I was very disappointed with this one. I listed my favorite readers advisory sites and looked some more up in Google. Instead of readers advisory when I entered an authors I got whether or not the book was in at some libraries and a few other things like that. I think having a list of links would work better for RA. The other search roll I created was for yarn. I put in my favorite yarn sites and found a few more on Google. When I searched for a particular type of yarn, I wasn't overwhelmed with many hits, just from the ones on my list. Here are the two links:
http://rollyo.com/librarywork-abn/yarn/
http://rollyo.com/librarywork-abn/reader_advisory/
I'm already plotting and planning what other kind of search rolls I can create.

No comments: