Monday, June 11, 2007

Thing 7 Technology 2

I've been thinking about this since I posted the previous answer. I started thinking in terms of a device rather than a use. I think one of the most useful devices is the flash drive. These are especially useful in a work setting because you can take whatever you're working on anywhere. Even if you sub at another branch, you can have your 'work' with you. At your own branch you won't be limited to one computer, you can use any at your branch. They're more portable than a disk, mine is attached to my branch keychain (which is on a wrist stretchy elastic thing). They hold much more material than a disk. Another useful device is a handheld computer. You can work on these anywhere, you're not tied to a computer. Then you have a backup when you sync with your base computer. If you want to transfer a file to another computer, you can either download it to your flash drive or email it as an attachment. Yes, I'll admit to it, I'm a gadget nerd!

No comments: