Friday, August 3, 2007

Thing 19 Award winners

I have already investigated or used many of the award winners on the Web 2.0 shortlist. Many of them already investigated while working on my 23 things. The one I chose is the PeerTrainer. This was under the category of health. It's a web site to provide peer support for dieting and exercise. Something we probably all need. Being a bit of an extrovert, having peer support can really help keep me on track to reach a goal. Sort of like comparing with my library friends the work and things we've learned on 23 things. Back to PeerTrainer, you can choose to belong to a group, which is limited to 4 members; or a team with unlimited membership. I chose to join a vegetarian group. Seeing as I've just joined it today, it's hard to say whether it will work for me but I have high hopes. As to how it affects library work, if I find it works I could suggest it to someone looking for group support for weight or exercise. This really is more for me though.

No comments: