Wednesday, July 4, 2007

#14 Technorati

I'm not sure if anyone else ran into this problem, but the technorati on the web looked different from the Technorati in the video snipit. The main problem with this was in #2 for this assignment that the search wouldn't let you decide where to search. In the video it showed the search field divided in half, first half for your term and second half to choose between Blog posts, tags and Blog Directory. There was just one open search field so there was no way to compare between the different searches. I thought this might be a problem because I wasn't a member so I joined and still couldn't fine the search like the one in the video. Anybody else run into this? Anybody figure out how to get to the search where you could choose? Let me know.

As with all the other sites we've checked into for Learning 2.0, this one will take many hours (I've already spent 2 today) playing with the features to figure out how to best use it and to become comfortable with it. As with the others, it seems like this will be very helpful. It does get to be a little overwhelming, all these sites that will ultimately save you time, take a lot of time to learn.

Now to things I should be doing on the Fourth of July. Going down to Solomons Island to listen to the music and watch the fireworks!

No comments: